Décor & Gardening
Tribal prints @ Weylandts
Tribal prints are everywhere, from the catwalks of Paris and Milan to the urban jungles of New York and Tokyo.
“Tribal” is a broad term for a variety of regional-specific patterns created using ancient textile design techniques. In spite of the trend’s cross-cultural appeal, these prints continue to retain their strong influence and tradition in their native countries.
Incorporate the tribal trend into your living space by simplifying your surroundings and using neutral tones to ground the print. However, don’t be afraid to mix prints. The trick is to stick with a similar colour story.
Whether its mud print fabric from Mali, or Ndebele-inspired outdoor designs, Weylandts is bringing Africa’s boldest tribal patterns to your doorstep.
- Cow Hair on Hide Carpet, Mysore – R11 995
- Diamond Basket Medium – R795
- Dimity Rug Small – R1 995
- Mali Fouta, Zig Zag – R295
- Natural Ram Horn – R195
- Retro Rope Chair – R1 595
- Stoneware Mug – Kele – R50
- Stoneware Mug – Kunna – R50
- Stoneware Rice Bowl – Kele – R55
- Stoneware Rice Bowl – Kunna – R55
- Tribal Beads Wall Art – R3 995
- Tribal Chair – R11 995
- Tribal Stool – R4 995
October 2018This month’s fabulous Get It Lowveld magazine!