Beauty & Fashion
Fighting Fit Fashion
• Consistency is key. Small changes lead to big results – start today
• Exercise because you love your body, not because you hate it
• Weights are your friend – start lifting light ones with high reps to shape and tone
• Cut out sugar and be careful for hidden sugars in fat-free products, fruit and sauces.
• The best way to burn fat is cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, called “fasted cardio”
• Eat green veggies, like broccoli and spinach, with a cup of green tea
• Make sure every meal consists of a source of lean protein like fish, chicken and meat
• Eat the correct carbs, like oats , sweet potato and basmati rice – no carbs after 2pm
• Invest in a multivitamin, drink CLA caps after every main meal and a protein shake after weight training.
• Plan your meals for the week. Fail to plan is planning to fail
• Nutrition is incredibly important, you cannot “out-train” a bad diet, it is 20% training and 80% nutrition for weight-loss success
• Eat three main meals and two snacks per day. Snack on green apples, raw nuts, protein bars and rice cakes.
More about the setting
Situated on the Kaapsehoop Road, next to Montana Garden Pavilion outside Mbombela, is the new and vibey Core 360 Gym. Offering functional training and some of the best cardio machines, you’ll have a great workout that has balance between strength and conditioning. Owners Chaz and Gizelle Taylor offer a personal training environment, exclusive to members so that you can get the best possible service from your trainer and the facility. Their goal is to make you the best version of yourself. They also offer small group training. Whether you are a fitness fanatic or exercising for the first time, their programme is designed to cater to the individual.
Get in touch
Styled by Danielle Sheedy. Photographer: Nicolene Olckers. Model: Diana Loock. Make-up artist: Cheril-Lee Grobler of Ikon Image, 076-136-4967. Stockist: Sneakers Edition, Ilanga Mall, 013-742-2201. Shot on location: Core 360 Gym, 072-987-4928